Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Tarte Bon Voyage Collector's Set and Travel Bag Review, Photos and Swatches

     Hey lovelies! Hope you are all doing well and are keeping warm. Today I am excited to be reviewing the Tarte Bon Voyage Collector's Set and Travel Bag. If you are looking for last minute gifts that is affordable then this might be what you are looking for.  Enjoy the review and photos! 

Tarte Bon Voyage Collector's Set and Travel Bag retails for $59.00($423.00 value). It is a beautiful bag inspired by vintage Parisian  glamour and contains limited edition items as well as oversized beauty items for the eyes, lips and face.  It is formulated without parabans and phthalates.

The set includes:
Amazonian clay eyeshadow palette that contains 20 amazonian clay eyeshadows.
Deluxe Lights, Camera , Lashes Mascara 4n1 mascara.
Limited edition cheek stain in Muse
LipSurgence lip tint in Romantic
LipSurgence lipgloss in Visionary.
Deluxe maracuja oil.
Deluxe smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder
Limited edition travel bag




Photos:
The packaging is so pretty! Tarte never disappoints with their packaging. 


Beautiful Parisian Travel Bag. The gold and purple colors are beautiful together. Nice and classy.



I love how the Tarte Amazonian eyeshadowpalette has its own pouch.




The colors are gorgeous, however there are some that are very similar.

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder- Great for oily skin, not ideal for dry skin.

Tarte  Cheek Stain in Muse-I think the cheek stain is nice, however the color really doesn't show much on my skin tone. It has a nice, smooth texture and is not oily.

 LipSurgence lipgloss in Visionary which is a peachy color. It give a nice sheer tint to the lips and is not sticky.

LipSurgence liptint in Romantic- which is a peachy coral color. It feels nice and moisturizing on the lips and has nice color payoff.

Both these lip products can be paired together.




Deluxe light, camera, lashes 4 n 1 mascara- give nice volume to the lashes with out clumping your lashes. The brush has nice stiff bristles that comb your lashes giving them a volume and length.


Swatches!
The eyeshadows have great pigmentation, but I find tarte's eyeshadows to be dry when swatched.  However, this doesn't affect the pigmentation.

Up close and personal with the pretty eyeshadows. View from different angles.


Review/thoughts

OverAll, I think the Tarte Bon Voyage Collector's Set and travel bag is a steal. You get so much for just $59.00 when all the products together are valued at $423.00 If you looking for last a minute gift this will sure to please any makeup lover.

The set comes with a beautiful Parisian travel bag that you can take all the goodies that come in it and then some. The eyeshadows have great pigmentation and blend seemlessly with one another. I wore the shadows for about 7 hours and the colors did not fade or crease. My only complaint about the shadows is they seem a bit dry, but it doesn't affect the pigmentation. I loved the lights camera lashes 4 n 1 mascara. It gave my lashes volume, length and didn't make my lashes look clumpy. As for the lipSurgence lip tint and gloss, they are one of my favorites items in the set. I love how moisturized my lips felt and I love the peachy coral shades. I love the tarte's maracuja oil! This is the first time I have I tried a beauty oil for the face. The texture is oily, but when applied to the face the skin absorbs the oil and leaves no oily residue. It dries like a moisturizer. I will definitely look into buying the bigger bottle because it is doing wonders for my dry skin. The tarte cheek stain in the shade Muse is a first try for me. I think the texture is nice and it smells nice too. However, the shade of the cheek stain doesn't really show on my cheeks. I am a bit sad because I like the whole cheek stain concept. If you have oily skin you will love the tarte smooth operator clay finishing powder because it absorbs the oil in your skin. If you have dry skin like me, then you can do without this in your makeup routine. I tend to go with dewy foundations because it makes my skin looks moist, glowy and youthful. When I applied the finishing powder it mattified my foundation and my face felt dry.

I am very happy that I purchased the Tarte Bon Voyage Collector's Set and Travel Bag. I couldn't pass up the cute packaging and there were products like the maracuja oil that I always wanted to try. You get so much for the affordable price and this makes a great gift for a makeup lover or for yourself :)

You can still purchase this at Sephora. Hurry because the Tart Bon Voyage Collector's Set and Travel Bag is limited edition.

Hope you enjoyed my review and see you lovelies in my next blog post!

Be safe every one!

Maryam ox





*Products were purchased by me*

1 comment:

  1. This set is so nice! I love your reviews, they are so thorough!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my lovelies and commenting.I really appreciate it. I love comments and try to answer every one! ox