Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Social- Food! :)







1.If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life,what would it be?
  
Lasagna!! 


2. What is your guilty pleasure/comfort food ?

Buffalo wings and cheese fries.


3.What is the weirdest or craziest thing you have ever eaten?

Deer. I know to some people its delicious. It has a strong flavor. 


4.What food do you avoid at all costs?

Pork. I avoid this for religious reasons. Muslims are not allowed to eat pork.


5. What meal reminds you of your child hood?

Fish sticks.I use to eat Fish sticks with tater tots :)


6.Share one of your recipes and story behind it.

My husband likes well done food and he is picky. He prefers fried food all the time. So I made a chicken stir fry with a spanish twist:

 1/lb of boneless chicken diced in little squares

1 Red pepper diced in slices

1 large onion cut in slices

Half a can of Goya tomato sauce.

1  and half Packet of sazon

1 Tsp. of Red pepper flakes or measure to your spicey preference.

Hand  full of minced Cilantro

 2- 4 tbs  of oil.

*I am not good at measuring, I usually just season away lol so these are just estimates*

 *Season the chicken to your liking. I season mine with Garlic,Onion powder, Half a pack of sazon, salt and black pepper.*

Heat on high the pan add 2 tbs of oil and toss the chicken until its a little brown then cover till chicken is soft and tender. Once its done, put chicken aside.

In the same pan I put  another 2 Tbs of oil and sauté the Red peppers and onions till its semi done and add half pack of sazon, salt,and Red pepper flakes. 

Mix it together.Cover and  Let it sauté 2 minutes more, then add chicken.

 Add the  halfa pack  of sazon and Mix everything together. Add half a can of Goya tomato sauce and a little water, so it wont be too dry.Add cilantro.Mix together. Cover and let it simmer for ten minutes. Mix everything again one last time and your done!


 This invention is one of my hubby's fav dishes. :)









6 comments:

  1. Yum, I have a weakness for buffalo wings and cheese fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster Award. All details are in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I have finally completed it :)

      www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. I love cheese fries but if I had to pick I would eat pizza for the rest of my life lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buffalo wings are my comfort food, too! Delish. :)

    Thanks for linking up with us for the Hump Day Hop!

    -Mia
    http://www.thechroniclesofchaos.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my lovelies and commenting.I really appreciate it. I love comments and try to answer every one! ox