Saturday, May 3, 2014

Makeup Geek's Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette Review,Photos and Swatches


Hey Lovelies! As promised I am bringing you Makeup Geek's Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette Review. For those of you who do not know who Makeup Geek is, she is a beauty guru in the youtube beauty community. She was one of the first beauty gurus that I started watching and her success has led her to have her very own makeup line. How cool is that? I have seen so many videos on youtube regarding Makeup Geek's Eyeshadows and many people had great things to say. The Makeup Geeks Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette was sold out on her website for awhile. Once I found out it was back in stock, I immediately purchased it. I was so excited to try out her eyeshadows because  I heard they were dupes for mac eyeshadows and are "half the price of mac eyeshadows without sacrificing quality".

Makeup Geek Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette retails at $159.00. The bundle includes a large Raspberry Damask Z Palette, and 27 eyeshadows. Individually the eyeshadows cost $5.99 each and come in a variety of finishes such as shimmer, metallic, satin and matte. In addition, their eyeshadows are cruelty free and contain no parabens or talc.


Review


Pigmentation: The quality of the eyeshadows are excellent. However,the lighter shadows that would be used for the brow bone had  poor pigmentation and hardly showed up on my olive skin.

Texture: For the most part the eyeshadows are very soft and do not have a powdery feel especially on the lighter shadows. Marlena aka Makeup Geek did an excellent job with that.

Blendabilty: The eyeshadows blend very well with each other. I am quite impressed.

Staying Power: I wore the eyeshadows from morning to night and they did not fade or crease. I did however use an eye primer so that they won't crease. Even with a base or primer some eyeshadows will still fade over the course of the day, but not with these eyeshadows.




Photos:
The Makeup Geek Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette comes in a array of colors from brights, warm and cool colors.

Up close and personal shot of the shadows. Aren't they pretty!




I love the names of each eyeshadow. The eyeshadows are little bigger than the mac eyeshadows.

Swatches:

Here you will see the eyeshadow swatches with no base to the left and the eyeshadows swatched over a base to the right.












Appletini- is a green apple color.



Simply Marlena- is a bright magenta pink. This eyeshadow is named after Makeup Geek's real name.

Bada Bing- is a coffee bean color with gold flecks.

Unexpected- is such a unique color and is a light taupey pink.

Shima Shima-  is a champagne color.

Sensuous-is a pinky purple color .

Prom Night-is a satin taupe color.


Envy- Forest green shade.

Pretentious-  is a golden copper color.

Vanilla Bean- is a white color. This color hardly showed up on my brow bone and had the least pigmentation of them all.

Pixie Dust-  is bright moss color.

Poolside- is an electric blue shade.

Beaches and Cream- is a light peach color.

Bitten- is a red wine color.

Corrupt- is a true black color. This color is the blackest eyeshadow I own. You need this color in your collection.

Cosmopolitan- is a peachy orange color. Love this color.

Drama Queen-is a deep plum color.

Glamorous-is a peachy gold color.

Graphite- is an aluminum grey color.

Brown Sugar- is a brown color  with red undertones.

Cocoa Bear- is a brown Brown with orange under tones.  This eyeshadow is comparable  to Mac's Brown Script Eyeshadow.

Last Dance-  is a purple color with brown undertones.

Lemon Drop- Canary yellow

Mermaid- is a sea blue color.

Moon Dust- is a brown taupey silver color.

Ocean Breeze- is a navy blue color.

Peach Smoothie- is a peachy beige color.



My Final Thoughts:

     The Makeup Geek Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette is the ultimate palette to own. I am absolutely in love with Makeup Geek's Eyeshadows .The pigmentation is great and the eyeshadows blend beautifully together. The staying power of the eyeshadows is long lasting with no signs of fading. I wore the Makeup Geek Eyeshadows from morning to evening. As always I wear a primer when using eyeshadows and using a primer really brought out the colors and pigmentation. However, some of the lighter matte eyeshadows that I used for the brow bone, has poor pigmentation and really didn't show up on my olive skin tone. 

     As far as the pricing goes, I think the price is a good deal. If you were to go buy a palette at Mac  Cosmetics it would easily run you over the Makeup Geek's price for this palette A mac palette only contains 15 eyeshadows whereas, The Makeup Geek Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette costs $159.99 and includes 27 eyeshadows including a large Raspberry Damask Z Palette. Individually each Makeup Geek Eyeshadow cost $5.99 where as a Mac Eyeshadow cost $10.00 each. If you are looking to grow your makeup collection and get it off to a good start, then I think the Makeup Geek's Ultimate Palette is the way to go. I love that this palette has so many colors to create endless looks. I am certainly planning on collecting her eyeshadows which are about 60 eyeshadows total. I think they are very affordable and the quality is great. I am not hating on mac eyeshadows I think they are great as well, but they are expensive. I think the makeup industry has grown so much and many other makeup brands have better pigmentation, and are more affordable.

You can purchase the Makeup Geek Ultimate Palette here. Unfortunately, the palette is out of stock, but the website says it should be back sometime May so keep a look out.

Here is the link to Makeup Geek's  youtube channel.

Hope you enjoyed this lengthy review and have a great weekend! :) See you in my next blog post lovelies!

Maryam ox :)

Do you own any Makeup Geek eyeshadows?














*This Product was purchased by me and all opinions are my own*














6 comments:

  1. Wow that is a nice palette! I love the colors and the variety. The pigmentation also looks great!

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I am obsessed with Makeup Geek eyeshadows, I have every shade :)
    http://abeautyobsession.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own quite a few shades and I absolutely love them! Im actually in the middle of writing my blog post about them! Check out my blog lavieenmauve-jj.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great palette! Firstly I love the style of those kinds if to-go interchangeable palettes but secondly the colors and quality! Such a great palette!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great palette!!!! I have been wanting to try Makeup Geek's shadows... these colors look beautiful!

    New follower via GFC and Facebook...from The Bright Side Blog Hop!!!

    if interested follow my blog here :) Beauty By Jennafer


    Have a wonderful day!

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my lovelies and commenting.I really appreciate it. I love comments and try to answer every one! ox