Saturday, October 31, 2015

Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette Review


Hello Guys!  I am really excited about this review. Lately, Kat Von D has been creating some wonderful palettes and the quality of her eyeshadows just get better and better. When I heard she was coming with a colorful palette this year I knew this was a must have without a doubt. When it comes to colorful eyeshadows this is one of the few eyeshadows palettes that is out in the beauty world that showcases such vibrant eyeshadows whereas other brands are still stuck on the neutral colored eyeshadows. Do not get me wrong I love neutral eyeshadows too, but it is always exciting to venture out into colorful eyeshadows to brighten things up. So without further a due here is the review for the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette.


Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette retails for $59.00 and contains colorful as well as natural eyeshadows ranging from shimmer to matte finishes. 

The outside illustration was drawn by Kat Von D herself.

All the colors of the rainbow! Simply beautiful and what is cool about this palette  just like a color wheel you can customize your own shades to create new ones. You can create endless makeup looks. 



The Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette slides out of the packaging like a record. Not the most practical way in storing an eyeshadow palette because if you are not careful it could fall out. Kat Von D created the packaging in a artistic way. I dig it.


The packaging included this makeup look sheet to help you get started.







Swatches


I swatched the colors clockwise and they were swatched over a regular base. If you swatched it over a white base the colors will be more vibrant. Such gorgeous colors and excellent pigmentation. I do not know how Kat Von D creates smooth and buttery matte eyeshadows without them being powdery  The only color that I did have to pack on was the yellow eyeshadow and I had to apply the color over a white base. However, it was not powdery which yellow eyeshadows are known for. 



Review/Thoughts


     If you are a makeup junkie and one who loves colorful eyeshadows this is the one to grab fast before it sells out. This is a limited edition eyeshadow palette. Once it sells out it is gone for good. If you do not own many eyeshadows or do not own many palettes with colorful eyeshadows, this is the one to get. Kat Von D has done it again with the quality of the eyeshadows. They are super pigmented and velvety soft. The matte eyeshadows have excellent pigmentation as well and are not powdery. The eyeshadows blend like a dream and last all day still maintaining its vibrancy and pigmentation. I wore the eyeshadows for about 7 hours and it was still vibrant and did not crease at all. If you really want the colors to pop apply a white base first.

     Some say the palette is pricey. I have to disagree. You have 24  super pigmented shades to work with. This is a color wheel which means you can create colors by mixing them together. So if you think about it you are getting more than 24 shadows plus more with customizable shades. I think $59 dollars is a reasonable price and this palette is versatile.  There are some eyeshadow palettes that cost an arm and a leg and the quality is poor because often times you are paying for the brand  name instead of the quality which isn't the case with the Kat Von D Livin Mi Vida Loca  Remix Palette. In this palette you have your colorful and neutral shadows, so if you want to create a neutral look you have the middle wheel to create an every day or smokey look for night time. Also if u want a neutral look with a pop of color that can be done too. The possibilities of makeup looks are endless with this palette.

     My only complaint is the packaging. I love the art that she created herself for the cover. However, the storage of the palette is not practical because there is no closure on the side and can fall right out. It is also very big so this wouldn't be travel friendly. I do get her artistic point of view.


So did I love the Kat Von D Living Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette? Yes! I am over the moon with this palette and happy I grabbed it. I highly highly recommend this if you are looking for a colorful palette with high quality pigmentation. I urge you to get it before it is gone. This is one of my top palettes for 2015.

Hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful. 

You can purchase this palette only at Sephora. Grab it before it sells out. This is limited edition.

Do you own this palette? What are you thoughts? Leave a comment below.

See you in my next blog post guys!

Maryam ox






*Product purchased by me*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my lovelies and commenting.I really appreciate it. I love comments and try to answer every one! ox