Monday, December 14, 2015

Blue And Burgundy Makeup Look Ft. Make Up For Ever and Mac Cosmetics


     Hey guys! As promised today I am bringing you a pictorial mainly using the Make Up For Ever 15 Artist  Shadow Palette that I reviewed on my previous blog post which you can check out here. In this pictorial, I also used two eyeshadows from the Mac Warm Neutral Palette.  I really love how the blue and burgundy compliment each other. I hope you enjoy this pictorial and give it a try. :)




Pictorial


1. As you know before I do any makeup look I prime my eyes most of the time with Urban Decay Eye Primer.
2. I apply eyeshadow in the crease first using the color Saddle from the Mac Warm Neutral Palette as a transition shade. (The Mufe 15 Artist Shadow Palette does not have any transition shades or matte shades to work with.) BLEND
3. I then took the color Brule and I applied it to my brown bone to give it a little highlight. BLEND.
4. Next I took the Burgundy color and applied it to my inner crease and blended it out.
5. I went in using the color next to the burgundy and applied to the outer v part of my eye. Blend.

*If at any point during your makeup look the colors get washed out because of blending you can alway go back and touch it up to get the desired intensity of color that you want.*

6. For the Lid I used the Colbalt blue shadow color.
7.Take you favorite black liquid liner and apply it to your lid.
8. Once the liquid eyeliner dried I used a lash curler to curl my lashes and applied three coats of my  black favorite mascara.
9. For my waterline I used black eyeliner pencil.
10. I took the burgundy color again and applied it below my lash line. Make sure you blend to diffuse the color.
11. Finally I took the whitest color and applied it to my inner tear duct to brighten up the look a bit.

Done!


Finished Look


I really loved how this look came out. The burgundy and blue colors really compliment each other. I know for some wearing blue eyeshadow can be intimidating but if you pair it with a neutral or toned down shade like burgundy. The blue is a nice pop of color without over powering the look. 


Close Up

The transition shade Saddle which is in the Mac Neutral Warm Palette diffuses the burgundy color and blends it out nicely. The white in the inner tear duct brightens up the look.

Hope you enjoyed this pictorial and see you guys in my next blog post!



Maryam ox


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by my lovelies and commenting.I really appreciate it. I love comments and try to answer every one! ox