Friday, January 22, 2016

ColourPop X Kathleen Lights Where The Night Is Collection: Review and Swatches


       Hey guys! I am excited about this review because I love ColourPop and their amazing shadows and lipsticks. When I heard that youtuber Kathleen Lights was doing a collab with colourpop I was so excited and knew that I had to buy her collection. I know she came out with a previous collection, but I was more excited for this one because the colors were more my style.  The Kathleen Lights Where The Night Is consist of 4 super shock shadows. Kathleen Light also came out with two lippie pencils and two lippie sticks. If you would like to know more and see swatches and review please scroll down. :)


The Colourpop X Kathleen Lights Where the Night Is Eye Shadow Collection retails at $20.00. Her lip products that go with her collection are sold separately. The lippie stix and lippie pencil retail at $5.00 each. 




I love coloupop's packaging. It is nice and simple.




Look how gorgeous these colors are!! These colors are truly pigmented.



Swatches!


This picture of swatches do not do the colors justice. They are much much much more beautiful in person. 

Telepathy (ultra metallic)- Is a true bright gold. I do not own a color like this in my collection. This color is absolutely gorgeous. It is much more vibrant in person.
Midnight(metallic)- Is a dark olive color. Perfect for smoking up a look by adding it to the outer corners of the eye.
Porter(metallic)- is a burgundy color. 
Weenie(Pearlized) -Is a rose gold color. This color is my favorite in the entire collection. If you love rose gold and are looking a rose gold shadow this is the one to get. I would buy another one of these because it is such a gorgeous color and I do not own a color like this in my collection.




Taurus Lippie Stix and Lip Pencil (matte)- is a true red brown color. I do not own a color like this in my collection. This color is so beautiful. Perfect brown lipstick.

Aquarius Lippie Stix and Lip Pencil(Cream)-  is a light brown nude shade. Depending on your skin tone if you have light complexion it will look more pinky nude and if you have olive and darker complexion it will be more on the light nude side.

These lip products have wonderful pigmentation and go on so smooth. The matte lippie stix in Taurus is not drying at all. Wonderful formula for a matte lipstick.




           As you can tell I love the Kathleen Lights Where the Night Is Collection along with her lippie stix and pencils. She did a wonderful job selecting the colors on everything. The colourpop eyeshadows have amazing pigmentation and stay put all day long with no signs of creasing. When applying the shadows make sure you use a synthetic brush because it picks up the color well. Using your fingers to apply shadow on the lid give greater color payoff . What I do is I apply the color first with a synthetic brush to my lids then apply another coat of eyeshadow with my fingers. As for the lipsticks and pencils they have wonderful color payoff and go on so smoothly onto the lips. I absolutely love colourpop lippie stix. They have wonderful formula and are so affordable. If you do not own any coloupop eyeshadows or lip products the Colourpop X Kathleen Lights Where The Night is Eyeshadow Collection along with her lip products is a good collection to start with. Trust me you will not be disappointed. :) If you do not want to purchase the full collection you can buy the eyeshadows individually.




                                 You can find The Kathleen Lights Where The Night Is Collection here
                    Kathleen Lights Taurus lippie stix and pencil here
                         Kathleen Lights Aquarius lippie stix and pencil  here.


Hope you Enjoyed this review and found it helpful :)


Do you own the Kathleen Lights Where The Night Is Collection? Do you own any ColourPop eyeshadows or lip products? Leave a comment below!


I will have a makeup pictorial using these shadows in my upcoming blog post so keep a look out. :)

See you guys in my next blog post!

Hope everyone who is on the east coast stay safe during the winter storm!


Maryam ox








*Product purchased by me*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my lovelies and commenting.I really appreciate it. I love comments and try to answer every one! ox